Try this indulgent dish by The Hidden Hog’s executive chef Enrico Paiola at home.
- 70g arborio rice
- 80g while mushroom mix
- 35g butter
- 25g Grana Padano
- 10ml white wine
- 1 no carrot, chopped
- 1 no white onion, chopped
- 1 no celery stick, chopped
- 1 no garlic clove, chopped
- 10g shallot, chopped
- 5g black winter truffle
- 5ml truffle oil
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5g parsley
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Prepare vegetable stock with 1 litre of water, carrots, onion, celery, cut into big pieces.
- Clean mushrooms and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the pan with extra virgin olive oil, garlic and shallots and sauté for couple of minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes. Remove it and keep It aside.
- In another pan put some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle the rice. Leave It for 1 minute until It looks transparent.
- Add vegetable stock in small quantities to the rice over medium to high heat, till it is ready.
- After 13 to 14 minutes the rice will be ready. Remove from heat.
- Add Grana Padano cheese, butter, salt, pepper, parsley and truffle oil. Mix gently for 1 minute.
- Plate in your favourite dish and shave the black truffle on the top.
- Buon Appetito!