World-renowned French chef Yannick Alléno is the culinary consultant at One&Only The Palm Dubai’s three restaurants; STAY where traditional French cooking methods are combined with modern culinary advancements, 101 Dining Lounge and Marina serving a refined seafood selection, and ZEST blending flavours from the Middle East, Asia, and the West. The famed chef shares his seafood & chicken paella recipe from 101 Dining Lounge and Marina for you try at home.
Seafood & chicken paella
- 320g bomba rice
- 650ml shrimp stock (or seafood/fish /chicken stock)
- 30g chorizo
- 200g raw shrimps
- 60g calamari
- 50ml virgin olive oil
- 1 chicken fillet
- 75g white onions
- 50g red bell pepper
- 50g green bell pepper
- 50g frozen peas
- 4 padrón peppers
- 75g tomato sauce
- 4g curry powder
- 4g sweet pepper powder
- 1g turmeric powder
- 2g saffron pistil
- 20g lemon juice
- 4 lemon wedges
- Chop white onions and bell peppers.
- Cut chorizo in small dices of 5mm and thin slices.
- Peel the raw shrimps by keeping the head.
- Cut the chicken and calamari in squares of 3cm.
- Put the olive oil in a paella pan and fry onions, bell peppers as well as few dices of chorizo in it.
- Once everything is cooked, add the rice until it gets glazed.
- Add all the spices & powders and fill it up with shrimp stock; simmer by stiring until it is cooked.
- After 10 mins of simmering add the frozen peas.
- Finally add the tomato sauce and stir the paella occasionally.
- Pan-fry the chicken, shrimps, calamari, chorizo slices and padrón peppers separately.
- Garnish the paella with the pan-fired ingredients, lemon juice and lemon wedges on top.
- Ready to serve.